Saturday/ pretty poison

Foxglove (genus: Digitalis) is toxic down to its roots. It has compounds that causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, and even death.

Here’s a foxglove (digitalis), growing right here in the back alley by my house.

There are plenty of these with their pretty finger-like flowers to be seen around in city gardens, but the whole plant is poisonous down to its roots. People have confused digitalis with the relatively harmless comfrey (Symphytum) plant, which is often brewed into a tea, with fatal consequences. [Source: Wikipedia].




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *